(Updated on 19.08.2020)
1. When will classes begin for returning students of Semesters 3 and above?
Classes for all higher semester students will commence on 20th September, 2020.
2. When will classes begin for freshmen (Semester 1)?
This will be announced on a later date.
3. What mode of academic delivery will be implemented upon re-opening?
The classes will be delivered in a Blended Learning Mode: a mix of face-to-face classroom-based learning and online learning. This is to ensure that social distancing is maintained in classrooms at all times. The University is well equipped with technological tools to deliver both modes of classes with efficiency and ease.
4. Can I choose to study at home until I feel it is safe?
Yes. It is not mandatory for the students to physically attend the University until December 2020. A 100 percent Online Learning Mode is available for students who prefer to study from home, despite safety measures and precautions taken by the university.
5. How can I choose my preferred mode of learning?
Please click the following link: Mode Preference Survey, to choose your preferred mode of learning, if you already haven’t. The last date for filling this survey is 25th August, 2020. Students who do not fill the form will be automatically assigned to Blended Learning Mode option.
6. Will I be able to change my mind regarding the Mode of Learning amidst the semester?
No. Preference once shared, will be locked until December 2020 and cannot be altered in the middle of the semester.
7. Will my fees be reduced if I chose to study 100% online?
No. Fees remain the same, irrespective of the learning mode you choose.
8. What does Blended-Learning Mode mean?
As a campus, we have decided to implement a Blended Learning Mode till December 2020.
In this mode of learning, there will be mix of face-face classroom learning and online learning components.
9. Will I have regular on-campus classes every day in a Blended-Learning Mode?
You may only be able to attend university on some days in a week. There will be uninterrupted classes in the form of online classes on the other days. The academic delivery plan will differ from program to program. Your respective schools and departments will update you regarding the same.
10. Will I need to wear mask during class?
Yes, you are required to wear mask at all times in the classroom and at all times, while on campus.
11. Are the university timings the same as before?
Yes, university timings remain unchanged, unless specifically communicated to you.
12. Are paper materials given to students at the campus?
As per the KHDA, MAHE Dubai is currently not allowed to exchange any type of paper material with their students, except for textbooks (if applicable) for this term. To ensure uninterrupted delivery of distance learning. MAHE Dubai is expected to incorporate alternative strategies and online learning methods, in addition to any electronic communication tools that are accessible to teachers and students.