(Updated on 10.02.2021)
1. When will MAHE Dubai hostel be operational?
Hostel is operational since 1st September, 2020 in strict accordance with all the DHA health and safety protocols.
2. Can I book ticket to return to hostel?
Since classes are starting from 14th February, 2021 all the students are required to renew their visas, students are requested to contact the airlines for the earliest available flight to the UAE in order to arrive as early as possible in the month of September and attend classes. Students are requested to book their flight tickets only to the Dubai airport. Upon arrival at the Dubai airport, students will be required to take a COVID-19 test and remain in the hostel until the result of the test is received. If the student is tested positive for COVID-19, the student will be required to undergo quarantine as per the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) regulations.
3. Is transport facility available to students arriving from Dubai airport?
Students who wish to avail transport facility from the Dubai airport to the hostel must send us their flight tickets at least 3 days before travelling date. (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. Will students get food facility at the hostel?
The university canteen and hostel cafeteria service have been operational since 20th September 2020. Students may avail these facilities.
5. What should I do if feel unwell, while in the hostel?
A student who feels unwell, while residing on the hostel needs to immediately contact the hostel warden and Health and Safety officer via phone.
6. Are there any requirements while I move in to the hostel?
7. What are the measures taken at the hostel to ensure safety?
All health and safety measures followed in the campus will be followed in the hostel premises. (Please refer question 1 of the Safety, Health and Wellness section)
8. Do I have to wear mask in the hostel?
Students must wear face masks at all times on-campus, and all common indoor and outdoor areas. The only exception to this is when students are in their hostel rooms.
9. Are visitors allowed?
Visitors will not be allowed into residential areas. Under special circumstances, they will be allowed with prior approval from the hostel wardens, with access limited to designated areas only.
10. Will I be allowed to travel outside the hostel premises?
Students are advised to limit and avoid unnecessary outings.