Research at MUDC-SoE-IT
School of Engineering & IT (SOEIT), Manipal University, Dubai is pioneer in research and innovation. SOEIT is having a state of art Innovation & Incubation center with the objective of providing a nurturing environment to technology based business ideas to prosper and become viable contributors to our community and economy. Innovation center enable faculty and students to pursue new avenues of market-driven research and participate in programs that will help to accelerate their innovations toward commercialization.
SOEIT faculty members and students are actively engage in research projects and in last few years they have published more than 100 research papers in high Impact Journals and conference proceedings. Faculty member at SOEIT are also involved in various research & consultancy projects funded by professional societies and Industries like American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), Globecom.
Research Credentials of SoE-IT
- 100+ research papers by faculty & Students
- 50+ research projects.
- Project Research grant from American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) from three consecutive years
- IEEE Student research Travel grant.
- Partnership with more than 10 industries for research and Innovation.
- Partnership with more than 25 universities worldwide for research and development.
Some of the Innovations by students of SoE-IT
- Design & Fabrication of SAE Baja All-Terrain Vehicle "XLR8 Manipal"
- Ultrasonic sensor based system design for Maintaining safe distance between Vehicles (Won Dubai RTA Award)
- Advanced Baby Care System ( Won IEEE Award)
- Ultrasonic Sensor Based System Design for Maintaining Safety Distance Between Vehicles
- Object Sorting with image recognizing System
- Automated Nursery System
- IT Hub
- Un Manned Aerial Vehicle for Logistics ( One of the Top 14 position in American Helicopter Society Competition Sponsored by Boeing)
- Wireless Power Transfer system using Microwaves
- Smart Lock System
- Advanced Firefighting Robot
International Collaborations at SOE-IT
- Lancaster University
- University of Missouri
- University of Fraser Valley
- Emirates Aviation Services
- CISCO Networking Academy
- Oracle Academy
- EMC Academic Alliance